Sunday, December 2, 2007

You would think...

...that a set of keys would make some noise if they were to be gobbled up & spit out by a small snowblower.

Not so much.

I was just finishing the big pile left by the plows at the front of the driveway when I look over at the snowbank and notice two broken parts of (what appear to be) my thin foldable earmuffs sticking out. "Ugh", I thought, "I guess they fell out of my pocket, and I must've run over them. How did I not notice that?!?", I chastised myself. As I begin to pat my jacket pocket to confirm they were indeed mine, I simultaneously notice both a lack of my familiar key jingle-jangle, and see part of a 'whoop-whoop' car key fob laying in the snow not far from my earmuff.

"Oh boy." That mild realization was followed by a hissed string of expletives that would make any Herk crewdawg proud as I dived into the snowbank furiously sifting for my keys... any keys... a key... anything! I did find the broken key ring itself, which confirmed my worst fears - all of the keys were separated and scattered. Ugh.

Fortunately, all of the keys could be replaced, so nothing was lost forever. Who knows, I may even find a couple of them when the snow melts (St. Anthony? Are you taking notes up there? Pencil me in for next spring please...) Frustrating? Yes. End of the world? Hecks no. Today's lesson?  Zip up yer pockets! ;)  Life goes on!

----------------
Now playing: green day - basketcase

2 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Jamie Willow said...

hahahahaha! (picture pointing and laughing)

sounds like something I would do.

in which case you could also point and laugh ;)

Chris H. said...

I was telling a friend at work about it, and she laughed too - it turns out her brother lost his keys shoveling Sunday also! That made me feel a little bit less silly - misery loves company ;)

Post a Comment

Write on!