Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Brand new shine

I'm still just at the stage of going through my realtor's daily emails which detail qualifying listings, but the internet certainly is a very helpful way to 'shop' until I have time to f2f with my realtor.

My sister B told me the other night that she knew right away when she first saw the houses that she ended up buying, and I'm hoping to have a similar 'love at first sight moment' too. There is one great listing in today's email that definitely piques my interest, although the price is currently outside of what I'd like to be considering. I'm going to do a drive-by this weekend of it, and then talk to my realtor about that one for sure. Since it's a new listing, I'm hoping the price will come down some, and then... who knows? We'll see. I must admit that it definitely gets bonus points for being close to my savvy new lady friend ;-) Her neighborhood is one of the areas I'm shopping in - I like it.

No matter how much I end up liking a place, I gotta stay smart and not get in over my head with anything. That's just something I need to keep reminding myself, since I know temptation will be great and that I'm all too capable of championing implausible self-serving rationalizations (a well-honed aptitude of any alcoholic!!)
----------------
Now playing: soul asylum - brand new shine

2 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Anonymous said...

I just put an offer on my first home, and it was accepted! I bought at the high end of my price range, but I got exactly what I wanted. None of the other houses had that.

Good luck with everything. I know it is nerve-wracking. The decision kept me up at night several nights in a row. In the end, you will feel great !

Chris H. said...

CONGRATS!!! I hope to be joining the happy new-home buyer ranks soon - I'll keep an eye on your blog for any "just bought a home, and..." stories that I may be able to learn from ;-) Thanks for dropping by!

Post a Comment

Write on!