Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Getting excited!

Found someone else at work who is doing the marathon, so that's neat. She's looking to run similar times to me, so if we both survive the TCM, perhaps we'll do some runs together next season. I don't mind training solo, but having any level of mutual support is definitely a good thing!

And on that note, I've recently joined a local running club (I know - nice timing, right? Just in time for winter!); I'm looking forward to participating in group runs and training opportunities with them next season.

Quiet this week - just have been doing 3-mile jogs every other day. I think I'll pick up my race packet Friday night, and then do the last couple of miles of the course on Saturday.

As long as it's a nice day, I'll also knock out some more yard work on Saturday, and then it'll be time to chow pasta and get to bed early.
----------------
Now playing: social distortion - no pain, no gain

2 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Anonymous said...

congrats on finding the added support for running! it's always nice to partner up with people for the extra accountability if not just for someone to run with.

:)

Chris H. said...

Very true! Hopefully, the TCM goes well. If it does, I'm looking forward to regular marathonning. Can that be a verb? Probably not, oh well ;-)

Post a Comment

Write on!