Saturday, November 10, 2007

Reflections

As I approach my 500-day mark, I took some time today to reflect on the last couple of years since I "got out" of my past life. And what a wild ride! In the last two years, I have been at my utterly lowest points, and have since risen to be the absolute happiest & most contented I have ever been. And there has been all sorts of plenty in between along the way!

I am blessed today to have a loving family that has stood by me throughout - and I know there were so many times that had to be unimaginably difficult for them to do. I am blessed with good & steadfast friends - many of whom are like family to me. I am truly blessed to be a recovering alcoholic who has discovered a wonderful new spirituality and new way of living though the miracle of the 12-Step program. I am blessed with a promising new career, and financial security. I am blessed with a comfortable roof over my head and plenty of food on the table. I am blessed to see The Promises of AA revealed to me on a daily basis.

I am blessed. And I am excited to see what the next year has in store!

A work in progress...
----------------
Now playing: sublime - what i got

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!