Saturday, April 26, 2008

I heart USAA ... so far ;)

I'm moving along with a mortgage pre-approval from my longtime go-to bank, USAA. So far, so good - I cleared the initial hurdles in the app, but I'm not out of the woods yet. Although my credit is excellent and my only current debt is The Toaster, I don't yet have a long work history with my current employer, so that could be the show-stopper. These days (ongoing credit-crunch & rampant foreclosure aftermath), banks everywhere are not willing to take any risks, so although it's a buyer's market, it's not necessarily easy to line up financing...

I am also planning to take advantage of their MoversAdvantage program which will put me in contact with local realtors who work closely with USAA - I feel that I'll be in extremely good hands (as long as the mortgage financing pans out!). USAA is the overall #1 again this year for their incredible start-to-finish, all-inclusive customer service, and I'm excited!

If they end up dissing me for financing, then I'll look elsewhere... But, for now, I'm trooperin' on ;-)
----------------
Now playing: johnny cash - i walk the line

1 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Anonymous said...

how exciting! good luck!

Post a Comment

Write on!