Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spammed!

Not long after publishing my post last night, I noticed that a post comment showed up saying "Please check out (link)". Of course, that comment went directly to the trash without further investigation. Perhaps my racy post title attracted unwanted bot attention?

However, I then noticed my blog received 20+ hits from all over the world within the short, few-minute span that the comment was still active - and mostly from some pretty shady places. Ugh.

So, that's why I have added the word verification step in order to post a comment. I hope that won't deter anyone from posting up, but I'd rather not leave an open door here for the next bot wandering through the neighborhood. Your understanding is much appreciated!
----------------
Now playing: elvis - suspicious minds

2 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Anonymous said...

ugh.... i was *this close* to not posting a comment because of the word verification thing.

just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Jamie Willow said...

I just had a random spam post on my blog too. strange.

Post a Comment

Write on!