Sunday, June 15, 2008

Busy!

Ugh. I've been a bad blogger again lately. Lots going on, but not really much exciting or definite to report on right now...

Marathon update: As anticipated, my plans to maintain an aggressive training plan with morning runs is suffering due to the house hunt. I haven't stopped my training, but it's slowed down again in the last couple of weeks as the house-hunting efforts have intensified. It's just one more give-and-take with my available time, and I just have to keep doing the best that I can. I did 10 miles on Saturday, and I'm feeling fine overall today, so that's a good sign! My savvy friend has been training this season with a couple of her friends - they have been doing longer distance runs on Saturday mornings, and I'm going to start running those weekly with them. Running those longer distances with a group is definitely helpful - I'm very grateful they have welcomed me into their training circle! This week, I did an 'expert' shoe-fitting and got some excellent overall running shoe advice from Run N Fun. That simple effort was long overdue - I'm very happy with this new pair of shoes I scored, and the confidence gained from making a well-informed decision is definitely reassuring.

House update: I have made my first offer on a house this past week, but it's a "short sale" situation, so that adds some additional hurdles to get over. Ultimately, the offer has to be approved by the seller's bank, and it could take a while to get a response. So far, so good... I really like the house, but I'm not getting my hopes up at all - if it's meant to be, then it'll work out. If not, then c'est la vie... In the meantime, I'm still planning to get out with my realtor this week to look at more listings.

Hair update: I went to get the mop cleaned up a couple of weeks ago, and they ended up taking off more than I intended. When asked where I went to get it done, my response was received with a tsk-tsk. Apparently, I should start going to a "real" stylist in order to properly maintain the longer hair & curls. When I though about it, that does make sense, so that's what I'll do next time. As I've mentioned before, I know my hairline is making a steady retreat, so I want to make the best of it while I can!

Overall, my previously very quiet social life has blossomed this spring into a lot of new activities & obligations - and that's a wonderful thing! I am--of course!--very happy about that, but definitely requires me to budget my available time more carefully. Gone are the days of having plenty of "me time", but I much prefer it this way ;-) Things will settle back down significantly when this house-buying adventure concludes one way or another, but I know that point is still a long way off.

I'll post up again when I have more news; until then, thanks for putting up with my blogging slow-roll!
----------------
Now playing: jane's addiction - the riches

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!