Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's on like Donkey Kong!

I've decided to finance with another lender (sorry USAA!), and had a meeting with my loan officer this morning to go over & sign all of the papers, and crunch "the numbers" for houses in the areas I'm interested in - and it all looks good-to-go! I'm cleared for the loan amount that I was looking to get, and the monthly payments look like they'll work out just fine. Best of all, I'll need no down payment! Between me putting cash up for earnest money and tax payments prior to close, it looks like I'll actually walk away from the closing table with a nice-sized check for myself - pretty sweet deal!

I had to finance with a "local" lender in order to qualify for the City Living program (score!), and between that program and my VA loan, it's nice not to have any worries about fronting a big down payment - I'm very excited that all of this is working out so well!

Next week, I'll be going out to look at houses at least two evenings during the week, and I'm now completely ready to confidently start making offers - how cool is that?

Time to start pouring through the listings in earnest again...
----------------
Now playing: the church - metropolis

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!