Friday, June 20, 2008

Still no "green light"

The big hurdle was cleared earlier this week - the seller's bank accepted my offer. And that was certainly great news! However, in their acceptance documentation, they unexpectedly specified a closing date a little under two weeks sooner than I can be ready for. The mortgage assistance program I am taking advantage of has a 35-day processing period from offer acceptance, so that is the long pole in the tent. My excellent johnny-on-the-spot loan officer is ram-jamming the paperwork through the system as fast as possible, but we are still waiting for a written sign-off from the seller's bank regarding the closing date before we press ahead with our inspection, etc.

I was hoping to have word by today, but no joy. Meh. I suppose no news is good news for the time being - I just have to be patient. My realtor (another rock star!) is aggressively doing his best to negotiate the push, and I'm confident we'll have word by early next week. We don't see why the bank would have an issue with the slightly later date, but stranger things have happened. So, I'm not getting too excited just yet - we still have a ways to go. Even if the bank signs off on the closing date, I'll still have to see my inspector's results before I decide to keep moving forward on this one. Regardless of how this one turns out, it's definitely a great learning experience!

Off to bed for now - my busy weekend starts early tomorrow morning with a 10-miler. Burn, baby, burn!
----------------
Now playing: fugazi - waiting room

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!