Thursday, July 24, 2008

One step closer!

Today, I found out that I cleared the last big hurdle enroute to the closing table... The VA assessor signed off on my house with no work-order requirements, so it finally looks like everything is a GO...

Earlier this week, I learned that my loan package had been endorsed by the underwriter, so it nice to know that the money is all set. I'm very grateful that I was able to lock in my 5.99% interest rate before those starting climbing again recently.

Although I won't really celebrate until I'm walking away from the closing table with keys in hand, it's starting to look like I'm going to be a new homeowner in just under 3 weeks from now. :-)
----------------
Now playing: lyrics born - stay loose (jimmy smith)

2 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Dory said...

I hope it's not too soon to say congrats. We are very excited for you!

Chris H. said...

Thanks Alicia! I'm starting to get psyched - I'll soon be Home Depot's favorite face ;-) Good stuff!

Post a Comment

Write on!