Thursday, September 25, 2008

Me vs Squirrel

Exterior caulking shenanigans are complete. Well, as much as I'm going to do this season anyway. Outside of ongoing yard & The Gardens cleanup, the last remaining sorta big job left to do this fall is to better winterize the basement. It's actually fine now, but I'd like to beef it up where it makes sense to do it. So, a little insulation and pipe-wrap here & there, and maybe putting on a hot-water heater blanket/wrap/cozy or whatever they are called.

There's a squirrel who thinks the yard is his (hers?), and he hasn't been a happy camper ever since I've moved in. We have some good stare-down contests, and when I'm around the yard too much when he has stuff to do (which typically consists of digging far-larger-than-necessary holes all over the yard), he likes to sit on the roof or low in my backyard tree and bark out his displeasure with my presence. He pooped right in the middle of my brand-new doormat when I first moved in (caught him doing that), and he regularly pees in the middle of my walkways and on my stairs when he knows I'm around & I'll notice. There's no other explanation for those sudden little puddles.

So. Yeah. That little punk is on my list. One of these days...

GPS Rundown:
No GPS today (on purpose). No goals, no objectives - just went out for a run.
----------------
Now playing: echo and the bunnymen - the killing moon

2 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Anonymous said...

haha.... love the squirrel story! I'm not sure how I would've reacted to the uh- pooping animal.

:)

Chris H. said...

I've been meaning to write about him for a while now. He either has squirrel ADD or has some kind of mad-squirrel disease - I forgot to mention he's a total spaz (even for a squirrel). As I made my coffee this morning, I watched him race back & forth between the tree and this lawn sculpture I have (about 10 feet apart) - he would do a crazy twisting backflip on one, then race to the other and do the same thing spaz flip. He did that over and over for several minutes. He's nuts (no pun intended).

Post a Comment

Write on!