Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday's spin

No run yesterday - just didn't work out with some other things going on, so I went for a big run today. My last longish run was August 16th, but I've had a strong past week of running, so I figured I was ready to go large. In hindsight, maybe not a good idea given the circumstances. I wasn't quite as well rested as I usually am for big runs, and I didn't prepare very well with a good carbo dinner the night prior, nor did I front-load my hydration as well as I normally do.

I ended up with a left knee that's killin' me right now - I'm almost certain it's not in the joint, and doesn't really feel like a tendon issue, but something down there is not happy about today's run. I'm going to ice it more tonight, pop a couple more Bayer, and get a good night's rest. Also, I'm right now hydrating practically to the point of my eyes watering - I feel like my earlier lack of proper hydration has a lot to do with my feeling ass-kicked right now. And what's up with that? The infamous Hydro seems to be losing his edge! ;-) Lesson learned, and I'll definitely be better about it from now on. I think I've just gotten lazier about hydrating properly because of the cooler weather and I'm not sweating as much - but I know that being properly hydrated isn't all about replacing the sweat, and today was a great reminder of that.

Other than my gimpy knee inducing pained grimaces & hissed cuss words that resulted in other folks out on The Lakes' trails to go wide around me and nervously avoid eye contact, the run went quite well; I was happily surprised with how the pace turned out. No stops today, and I'm proud of that too.

No run tomorrow for sure; I'm on hold right now until I see how this knee issue turns out.

GPS Rundown:
Chain of Lakes variation
18.02 miles / 2:32:24 time / 8:27 pace
----------------
Now playing: jane's addiction - price i pay

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!