Saturday, August 9, 2008

Gittin'er done...

Good run this morning, despite it being ridiculously steamy early on. That seemed to improve as the sun climbed, but the mugginess was pretty heavy starting out.

From Nokomis, I did Harriet and Calhoun and back, and then ran around most of Nokomis to finish it off.

Today marks a first for my long-distance runs this year: I didn't stop during the run. At all. I was lucky with the stop-lights today and only had to slow & swerve a little to get through a couple of them without stopping. The time below is straight through with no stop-n-resume breaks.

I wanted to hit it hard today, since starting next week, I'll have some very busy weekends ahead. And I'm very happy with today's results - I'm definitely feeling good about things.

GPS Rundown:
Chain of Lakes variation
16.70 miles / 2:23:49 time / 8:37 pace
----------------
Now playing: smashing pumpkins - rhinoceros

2 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

DelinquentAngel said...

Wow, Chris, looks like it has been a busy few weeks. Perhaps I should start checking this blog more frequently. Let's see - I am glad you are still blogging; quite sorry to read about the breakup, but very happy that it appears you are coping with it in a positive way; impressed with your progress on the TCM prep front; and hopeful that the closing goes without a hitch and that you soon join the ranks of the "perpetually behind on housing projects."

Remember, easy does it,
rkg

Chris H. said...

Thanks for the note, and thanks for the "Easy Does It" reminder - that's definitely a recovery classic that I very much need to keep in mind right now! I need to maintain my balance here, and not go overboard with either the new house or running. Both are great examples right now of things that my inner addict can get me unhealthily obsessed with, especially by using the recent break-up as some kind of excuse or misguided motivation. So thanks again - I definitely needed to hear that!!

Post a Comment

Write on!