Monday, August 18, 2008

Home, Sweet Home

I am now a bona fide homeowner.

The closing went pretty much as planned today. A few last-minute hurdles to jump getting to the table, but it all concluded just fine. And I walked away from the deal with a nice-sized check in hand - which will all go right back into the house ;-)

I don't think it's really sunk in yet. I don't expect it will until I actually move in and start living there. I'm still darn excited - I have a LOT of work ahead, but I know it'll all be worthwhile! After I get settled in, I'm planning to do a "lessons learned" post about my overall buying experience.

Since I needed a few hours off during the day to close, I skipped my morning run and went into work early. I ran this evening to make up for it. I knew I wasn't as well hydrated as I should've been (naughty bad Hydro!), so I didn't end up going for very long. The numbers turned out much better than I was expecting. Tomorrow will be my planned weekday off, and then I'll start up again Weds morning.

GPS Rundown:
Rogers Lake Figure-8 (mod)
5.03 miles / 40:31 time / 8:04 pace
----------------
Now playing: harvey danger - flagpole sitta

1 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Anonymous said...

yay! a big CONGRATS on being a homeowner!!!!

Post a Comment

Write on!