Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Islands of Misfit Toys


I'm coincidentally on a children's stories theme today.

In one of my recent posts on MTBR, I mentioned my "Island of Misfit Toys" bike parts box. It contains all kinds of bike parts and doo-dads that (for whatever reason) haven't passed muster to end up on one of my bikes. All of the parts are in new or just very slightly used condition. Everytime I add to or otherwise dig around in that box, I think, "One of these days, I should just sell this thing... and that thing, too...", or "One of these days, I'll use that thing for such-and-such future project...", or even "Sheesh, where did THIS thing come from?!?"

The truth is that I just stash away perfectly good & useful stuff in there, and then don't ever do anything productive with it.

Am I doing these very same things with certain aspects of my recovery program too? I'm certain I am, and this is something I'm going to focus on this week - begin to map out and responsibly address my own recovery journey's "Island of Misfit Toys".

Now, back to those bike parts... I guess I could start taking pics of the stuff to post on eBay. Meh, I'll start doing all that tomorrow ;)

A work in progress...

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!