Saturday, July 21, 2007

e.13 STS (part I)

Nuts! Boo-Boo is going to have to wait until Monday for the next experiment in perfecting her ever-deepening money pit of a 1x9 drivetrain. Scheduled UPS delivery yesterday was slipped due to some flooded local train tracks. Or that's what they told me, anyhow. Who knows. And those kinda raw deals (weather, schmeather!) are always on a Friday delivery - it never fails. Serenity NOW!

I'm anxious to see if I can get an e.thirteen STS chain guide to play on the Blur's VPP frame or not (e.13 doesn't think so, but I want to check it out and they are curious to hear what I come up with), and was looking forward to having this weekend to play around with it. It looks soooo close thus far (half assembled), but until I get that new chainring, I'm just getting teased staring at it hanging in the stand. I'll post pics when I get the mods complete (one of these days!).

I must say that the Panaracer Cinder is a beast of a tire - I just mounted a 2.25 up front on Boo-Boo, and I can't wait to try it out. I know already that I'm either going to love it, or completely hate it. And I thought Pookie's Rampage had some hella knobs goin' on, but that Cinder is a real piece of work!

And "so far, so good" with the Nokon & Avid Full Metal Jacket frankenhousing I installed for Boo-Boo's transmission. I think that'll be a long-lasting winner of a combo. I'm quite pleased with how well that turned out.



Happy trails & good dirt!

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!