Monday, July 30, 2007

Inferno!


"Midway in our life's journey, I went astray from the straight road and woke to find myself alone in a dark wood" - Dante Alighieri

Yep, me too, Dante. I know all about that...

Here and there, I've run across several Dante quotes recently, so I take that as a sign that it's time again to read The Divine Comedy. It should be interesting this time around. My concept of Hell has certainly changed a lot since I last read the series. I think I'll have a much different perspective now as I follow along Dante the Pilgrim's amazing journey; I'm excited to start. But first, I have to finish my current read ("Where Does One Go When There's No Place Left To Go?" ...I'm on a Harry Crews kick lately, I tend to do that with certain authors).

"Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante

That Dante, he's a pretty smart dude!

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!