Wednesday, August 1, 2007

e.13 STS (part III:final)

And there was much rejoicing... The new chainguide is a success - washboard trails and brake bumps got nothin' on me now! To give a little history, I used a bashguard & inner plate "sandwich" as a chainguide when I first went to a 1x9 setup. That worked well for my initial 32t chainring setup, and later for my 34t chainring. But, I found over time that I would be most comfortable with a 36t chainring, and that initially sounded fine since 36t is the max limit on any available inner plate design. Pushing that max limit was OK on most terrain, but bumpier stuff was regularly throwing my chain - no good at all. So, I looked to get a more aggressive chainguide system, and now, the e.thirteen SRS-W is rockin' it furious bomb-proof stylee. Mad props & many cheers to e.13 for working with me to get it right with Boo-Boo's VPP frame...

I've only had a few rides on the new Cinder tire up front, but so far I'm liking it - hooks up very nicely, and isn't too slow.

I gave Boo-Boo a good cleaning for tonight's photo-shoot, and posted pics in the "My Spoiled-Rotten Kids" Boo-Boo link over to the right... I should have pics of Pookie up in a couple of weeks.

All's well that ends well...



Happy trails & good dirt!

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!