Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Lucky?


Does such an animal as luck really exist? Or do we "make our own luck", as some would have it? I agree that we do indeed make our own luck for the most part, and that the rest of the unforeseen inexplicables--whether lucky or unlucky--are things that happen to us for reasons that simply aren't clear at that time. At such a point, we need to make the next right decisions. It's these unplanned curve balls (good and bad) that life throws at us that genuinely test our true character. Do I react with a clear & humbled mind and deliberate, unselfish action? Or do I squander an opportunity due to my unwillingness?

I must trust that it is all my Higher Power's will, no matter how difficult it may be to understand at the time. When my "fortune" is good, I must give credit where credit is due, and move forward humbly. When my "fortune" is bad, I must not look to blame or dismiss. I must remember that every challenge is an opportunity in disguise, and act rightly & bravely with an unclouded mind.

"You can't always control what happens to you, but you can always control how you react"

"Hey Chris, what's with that cat picture??" Answer here

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!