Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chill out

Good night at yoga, and I needed it!

I'm slowly starting to hold poses better now. Starting out, I was shocked at how difficult holding (what appear to be very simple) poses can be! I'm amazed at the direct link yoga reveals between our mental & physical serenity. When I can slow down my thoughts and focus them on my own peacefulness & well-being, then my muscles shake less, I inherently relax more gracefully, and the poses become fluid instead of an uncomfortable & unintuitive struggle. Much like recovery, it's about progress, not perfection. Each yoga session has new challenges for me, and that's driven primarily by the mental state I walk in the door with. It's incredible to see how my body reacts in kind to my relaxing mind - good stuff!
----------------
Now playing: dj shadow - midnight in a perfect world

1 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

AP said...

haha. no pressure! I wouldn't have added you to my Daily Reads if I didn't like what I was already reading! :)

and yay for the yoga thing! I've always wanted to try it, but the classes here are apparently non-existant since I moved back.

Post a Comment

Write on!