Sunday, February 24, 2008

Meh.

It was such a beautiful day, and after having some good runs in the last couple of weeks, I was psyched for a great run today. But, I had a very blech run. Whenever I start to ramp back up in the spring, I go through a period of just having some miserable runs once in a while. It's just the curve of getting back into the outdoor running routine.

I mentioned in a previous post that I don't bike in the winter. I do occasionally run in the winter, but nothing regularly. Truth be told, I just put up with packing on up to 5 lbs (not more!) of winter weight, and then I lose it in the spring when I can run & ride routinely again. So, that annual push in the spring to get my legs & lungs back is always a bumpy start. Today was just one of those days. No rhythm, no stride, no lungs, but plenty of tightness and side-aches. Oh well, I'll keep pluggin' away at it this week; it'll be fine. I'm definitely looking forward to yoga on Weds!

Break, break - new topic: My hair. It's coming along pretty well; the curls are starting to show. Most days I'm liking it, but some days I just want to cut it all off. I got a quick blend & trim on it today just to clean it up a little; that makes feel better about it for whatever reason. Press on...
----------------
Now playing: moby - run on

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!