Sunday, February 10, 2008

Good to be back!

Whew! Getting out of the U.P. was not exactly fun. Yeah, not so much. The decision to leave in that nasty weather definitely blurred (rather literally in the form of whiteouts!) that fine line between sheer stupidity & macho bravado. That jury's still out ;)

Oh well, the important thing is that I made it back safely. Once I crossed over into Wisconsin and started headed southerly, the weather improved beautifully. Had the blizzardy stuff hanging around the U.P. lasted much longer than it did, I definitely would be shacked up somewhere other than home right now.

Today, I am grateful for all-wheel drive, anti-lock brakes, sure-footed all-weather tires, and a GPS accurate enough to tell me what side of the road I was on!

----------------
Now playing: soul asylum - easy street

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!