Monday, March 31, 2008

To the 9s

I'm fortunate that I don't have a strict dress code at work. We can't wear t-shirts, flip-flops, or anything too lounge-ish (all perfectly reasonable), but it's an otherwise very laid-back environment. But since I do own some nice dress clothes, I decided a while back that I'd start wearing a shirt, tie, and pants for my own Dress Up Mondays. I'm not quite willing to go so far as wearing one of my suits yet, but maybe once in a while in the future just to mix it up. For whatever reason, it's more fun to dress up when no one is making you do it. Funny how that works.

And then today... The inches of slush and all that wet & sticky snow falling while trekking-waiting-trekking for the Light Rail portion of my commute -- not the best day to voluntarily be all snazzed up in nice duds. Oh well. The shoes can be cleaned & shined, and the pants can be dry-cleaned. No big deal. It was still worth it. I enjoy the double-take folks at work still give me when they see me on Mondays; it's rather fun.

I hope everyone out there had a lovely weekend - I know that I certainly did! ;)
----------------
Now playing: big bad voodoo daddy - go daddy-o

1 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Anonymous said...

what an awesome way to start the week! Seriously! My dress code is basically black pants, black shoes and the mgmt button-downs we're given. I ordered some different color tops and whoa what a difference. It's amazing what nicer clothes can do! :)

Post a Comment

Write on!