Saturday, January 19, 2008

Rockin' the Marketplace

I'm a long-time NPR junkie. And here in the Twin Cities, we are hella spoiled with excellent talk & music options on Public Radio.

One of my favorite shows is Marketplace. As a regular drive-time listener of both the morning and evening segments, I'm consistently impressed with the quality, breadth, and average-joe understandability of that financial reporting. And, I must admit, I really dig the the music bites they play in between stories. To name a few, I've heard Operation Ivy, Soundgarden, Screaming Trees, Ned's Atomic Dustbin, My Bloody Valentine, Opus III, Joy Division, The Stone Roses, The Cure, and then one day this week - Sonic Youth's Teenage Riot. The bites don't include the vocals, so I'll often have that "Oooh! Oooh! I know this song!!! Whatisitwhatisitwhatisit..." moment during the segment, and then I'll finally place it.

So, anyway, I got a kick out of mixing in some old-school Sonic Youth while talkin' The Numbers. Makes me smile.
----------------
Now playing: sonic youth - teenage riot

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!