Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Sicced by sick


I hate being sick. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. I called in sick today (I don't even remember the last time I've had to do such a thing), not so much because I feel that ass-kicked by whatever bug I've caught, but rather because I must be wicked contagious - the sheer volume of icky phlegm very steadily flowing out of my nose and lungs is just not cool at all. When I woke up this morning, it simply wouldn't stop. Have you ever had the sensation you can feel all of that extra crud literally sloshing around in your sinuses? My head felt like it weighed an extra 10 pounds this morning. Oddly enough, I didn't have a headache per se, my head just felt like it was under attack and tired of fighting - all sluggish & thick (haha, OK, no jokes about how I may or may not normally be thick-headed; we can debate that some other time). I'm trying to pound as much liquids and vitamin C as my body can stand, and I must admit that time off here to rest easy, and lounge in hot bath after hot bath is definitely welcome & helpful. I'm already feeling somewhat better (knock on wood), and I hope I can get on the other side of this mofo by tomorrow morning - I definitely want to get back to work. One, to catch up (!), and two, because being stuck home alone & sick is all hella boring. Ugh.  Shoot me.
----------------
Now playing: dinosaur jr - puke + cry

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!