Saturday, January 26, 2008

A taxing experience


I did my taxes last night, and it all worked out just as I hoped it would - I owe a small amount to both Uncle Sam and MN. That's how I like it - I'd rather have all of my money throughout the year, and owe a little bit at tax time. I don't understand these people who get excited about huge refunds - heck, that just means the Government had all that money of yours all year long - it could've been in your hands all that time to invest and make use of! It's not like that refund is some sort of "free" money - it's just the Government finally giving back the money that was really yours to begin with; why let them hold on to it that whole time (and be able to make make money off of your money)?

There are so many fantastic resources "out there" to do your taxes. I was able to e-file both my Federal and State completely for free, and it was all dead easy & hassle-free to do - what a cool deal!

Check out the IRS site and your state's tax site (MN here) - they have a bunch of links to online tax prep sites, and you may very well qualify to do it all online for no cost at all. Zero, zip, nada!

Also, for MN residents, be sure to get your documentation for the MN Property Tax Refund - this is done completely separate from your state taxes, and is well worth the effort. Even if you are a renter, you'll qualify to get a nice chunk of cash back (in most circumstances). Nice!
----------------
Now playing: living things - bom bom bom

0 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

Post a Comment

Write on!