Friday, January 11, 2008

TGIF

Whew! COB Friday could not come soon enough this week. It's been a long week at work, and I was definitely feeling it today. Which is not a good place for me - when I get tired, my ability weakens to keep my still-too-often (yeah, yeah, I know... I'm working on it!) sarcastic & egotistical inner monologue "inside". More than once today, I had to make a graceful exit with the most sincere tight-lipped smile I could muster because I was afraid that if I opened my mouth at all, the only thing that would come out would be: "Go pound sand, you clown-show!" Or something equally unhelpful to that effect ;) Yep, one of those days. So...

Patience.  Deep breath.
Tolerance
Get off my pity-pot
Big picture
Will it matter in 10 years? In 2 hours even?
Why do I sometimes give others permission to control my emotions?
Serenity prayer
Baby steps, baby. And just one at a time.
Gotta stay on that road of progress, even if it's verrrry slow moving sometimes!
----------------
Now playing: love and rockets - jungle law

2 of y'all tellin' it like it is:

AP said...

hey! thanks for delurking! and I see you're from MN as well! Nice to see MN bloggers out there and not just people from NY :)

Chris H. said...

Thanks for visiting! I do miss NY sometimes, especially in the fall :) I'd like to get back out East one of these days. Or years. Or decades. It's somewhere in that big "to-do" list of mine...

Post a Comment

Write on!